It is such a blessing to have the opportunity to live in the same town as my Sister and her family. While I spent the weekend with a feverish cold, I couldn't keep cooped up in the house like I should. I had to see the beautiful children sitting in Sacrament meeting, and hear the talks and lessons on our Redeemer. I couldn't lay on the couch all day, I wanted to feel that spirit, that especially strong this time of year. So Sunday morning, I got up and ready for church. Despite my body, I thought I could make it all the way through church. I would make it all the way through church. I sat down in my seat, waited for my nieces and nephews to arrive, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. On came the chills, the sinus pressure, and unbearable headache. There's no way I could make it through Sunday school. In fact, in consideration of those all around me, I shouldn't have probably made it to Sacrament. So following the first hour, I drove home - sad not to partake of the spiritual blessing prepared for me to hear that day.
Once home, I laid on the couch resting, and my Husband waited on me. My sister had invited us and our friends Courtney and Steven Farrell over for Easter dinner, and I was hoping if I doped myself up enough - I would be fine to go and enjoy the celebration. After a quick snooze/rest - I felt much better. We prepared a fresh garden salad, and drove over to Steph's. The kids were elated! Mostly on a sugar high, they were running around, climbing all over people that had never previously met! Luckily Courtney and Steven were such good sports, and didn't mind playing with the wild kids. Steph mentioned it could be that none of them ate breakfast, or lunch! They enjoyed their Easter candy though! Following tradition, after dinner, Stephanie and Andrew hid Easter eggs all over their back yard. Some contained candy, other money! The kids hid in their rooms while the adults placed the eggs all around. Some easy to find, some hidden. Once ready, the kids were let loose to find all the eggs!
 |
| Eggs strewn across the yard |
 |
| Hannah picking up her loot |
 |
| Hayley needing assistance opening her bag |
 |
| Mad dash for the eggs - the hunt is serious business |
 |
| David sprints to the eggs! |
 |
| Hannah collecting eggs |
 |
| Hayley's innovative way of holding her bag so she could access the inside |
 |
| Hayley asking me to "Look!" at the egg she found |
 |
| Showing Dad what they found! |
 |
| Look at all those goodies! |
 |
| Deciding who has more! |
 |
| What a fun way to celebrate the Easter season! |
 |
| David kept suggesting we hide eggs every Sunday! |
 |
| Cracking the egg! |
 |
| Courtney and Steven Farrell enjoying the children's egg hunt! |
 |
| Brad :) |
 |
| Holly not to sure about the plastic eggs! |
 |
| So she will just eat it! |
 |
| Hannah sifting emptying her Easter eggs |
All in all, it was such a fun day. I'm still sad I was a little under the weather, but so happy I was able to pull it together, and suck it up to enjoy some quality family times, creating memories or the first holiday of many, to be celebrated together here in Gillette, WY.
 |
| Hannah looking around for more eggs when it was all over! |
Easter is such a beautiful time of year. Not only do we celebrate birth of new life as the flowers and blossoms begin to bloom, but we also get to remember Him. Christ our Savior, who died on the cross to atone for our sins. He brought to the earth the gift of the Plan of Salvation. An opportunity to be "new" again - through the power of repentance. Around this time of year, there is a lot of new. New plants that cover the ground, new seeds sprouting new life, new spring baby animals born. Everything is so beautiful, and what a glorious time to be able to remember Christ our Redeemer. I cannot imagine my life without the gospel of Jesus Christ. Through Him, I have been able to have a personal relationship with my Heavenly Father. My faith continues to grow day by day, and year by year. My personal testimony of Christ is so strong. I know that he was risen from the tomb, to live again.

Through him, I know great and miraculous things are possible. I hope that I can carry his light with me, for all the see. I don't know what is in store for me in this life, or the next, but I know the Savior has a glorious plan for me. As I've pondered my Savior in the garden of Gethsemane, I am so grateful for his pain and sacrifice he felt, for me. Because of him, I don't have to walk through this life alone. I don't have to live in darkness, shame and guilt. He has cut the shackles that once bound our hands and feet, and given us the opportunity to live freely.

I know that my Heavenly Father loves each and every one of His children. I know that my Savior loves me, and died for me. Who could deny such a grand form of love, when Christ, bleeding from every pore, sacrificed himself for us. He did it for me, for you, and for those who have come before, and will come after us. The earth is a dark place, and I have faith we were sent here to learn, and be tested. Many will not have the opportunity, and blessing to hear the Word of Christ in this life. I do not take the gospel for granted. I know, one day as I kneel at my Saviors feet, and weep with joy and gratitude, that I will continue to feel his abounding love for me, and all His children.

All I can do in this life, is be a good example. Love those around me. Do good to those who hurt me. Love my neighbor. Be a good Wife, Daughter, Sister and someday Mother to those around me. Some say that religion is oppressive, and demanding. But I look at my faith as liberating, and that knowledge is a blessing. Faith is an opportunity, not a right. I have the opportunity to "Come Unto Christ" - and I will seize that opportunity every chance I can get.
No comments:
Post a Comment