This week I move to full time employment. I'm both nervous, excited, and scared. Being that we haven't been working full time we have had the luxury of spending lots of quality time together. We have traveled many places, and really enjoyed getting to know one another. But now the reality of entering back into the work-force is setting in. I make it sound like it's been FOREVER since I've worked, but it has been a blessing that we have been offered the opportunity to take some time off to experience a few things before jumping into new careers.
Brad is really starting to enjoy his job I think. He comes home happier each and every day. This week, they actually turned him loose in his own truck. At lunch, he text me to tell me he was doing great, and even had a radio. It doesn't take much to make this man happy! He really enjoys positions that are self-guided, with good management. More and more each passing day he is learning the in's and out's of the company, and starting to really appreciate this opportunity. The benefits we have learned are phenomenal, and will be such a blessing to us, and our futures.
My position is going great. I'm learning something new each and every day, and also learning to appreciate my job. It's a lot to take in at once, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. This last week, management received permission to move my position to full-time. What a blessing.
The only down side to the position is that it is a completely opposite schedule to my husband. He starts at 6am and is usually off by at least 7 on his longest day. My average schedule I have been given for the next couple weeks is 2pm-11pm. Meaning, that unless we time my lunch break just right, I go days without seeing my husband. Such is the life in the retail world. But it's okay! Again, these are opportunities, we feel blessed to have them, and although at times the path seems rocky, we always make it to the other end. We are just trying to save-save-save right now!
Every now and again, we feel the effects of missing Alaska. We loved our lives up there, the people we met, and the opportunities given up there as well. We tend to watch hundreds of shows based in Alaska, making us reminisce and miss it even more. It is such a change to go from Alaska, to Oklahoma summers. I think I'm in for a brutal awakening.
No comments:
Post a Comment