Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Feed My Sheep

Growing up, when Mom signed up to host the missionaries, she always left it up the them what would be served for dinner. Because the missionaries eat at some many homes, they eat a lot of potatoes, spaghetti and chicken. So, when I signed up to host the missionaries, out of tradition, I let them choose what was for dinner. One of the sisters is from Tennessee so she naturally chose a southern dish. She wanted Shrimp and Grits, and a green salad. I have never made shrimp and grits, but I told them I would try my best. The sister gave me her sisters phone number to get a real good and easy recipe for the meal! I asked her sister for the recipe's and any pointers. We spent the next two days texting back and forth with tips, and questions. When the missionaries arrived, I took a picture of Sister Armistead and sent it to her picture and thanked her for all her help in bringing the comforts of home to the sister missionaries. Her sister was elated to see the photo, and to be apart of the meal. Her sister is not a member of the church, so this was a good tool to show her the work and life her sister is living, in sacrificing a part of her life to serve the lord!



Following dinner, the Sister missionaries shared a message about prayers, and then Sister Armistead played Brad's guitar and sang "Come Thou Font" It was a beautiful evening, and the spirit was so strong in our home. I'm so glad the Sisters got to come and meet Brad and share a spiritual message with us. We loved hosting the missionaries and are excited to sign up the feed them again.


Feed My Sheep

No comments:

Post a Comment