I hate interviewing for new jobs. Especially for jobs where no one at the business or establishment know me or have ever met me. They then have to go solely on my application and resume. In fact, the most frustrating thing about society is that all applications are filled out online. I mean, common! How impersonal! Now, they judge you by what written on the paper, and not by your personality. How much can one's job experience say about their experience. I mean, I know it's convenient and all for the businesses to weed out those who DON'T actually qualify - but in the long run, how can they really SEE The person! It has been so frustrating filling out these applications for the job, receiving a thanks email, and NEVER hearing from them again.
Well fortunately for me, one of my front running positions I really wanted, DID CALL! They first put me through a grueling 45 minute phone interview. Once completing that successfully, they offered me an in person interview. Now this position wouldn't exactly be my ideal position, but has potential to be a foot-in-the-door. But, because it's such a sought after company, I wasn't the only one who got called in for an interview. I would later find out, during the closing of my interview, I am up against nine others. NINE OTHERS! ugh:(
I felt very confident about my interview all the way up until that point. We were saying our thank-you's and goodbyes. The two interviewers then said they would let the applicants know of their decision by this weekend. I hesitated, and watched their expressions as they recalled how many applicants there were, and then they announced it, NINE. Immediately I started to question myself, how well did I actually do? Did I successfully sell myself and my abilities to not only succeed in this position but also in this company? I really want this position, and I'm freaking out just thinking how hard it was to even land an INTERVIEW WITH THEM - AND THEN TO BE UP AGAINST NINE OTHERS! I never write in all CAPS, and obvious sign I'm anxious and nervous. There is a back up plan though, I have good faith that if I don't get the job, there is a reason why! So, I have some irons in the fire with two other companies, with interviews tomorrow!
I'm praying I will get a phone call/email from the TOP choice company by tomorrow afternoon, if not, I will accept one of the other two positions offered from the other interviews. Wish me luck! No pressure at all. Needless to say, this could be one very big day tomorrow, that could potentially decide the avenue of my career . . . at least until there are mini-phoenix' running around.
Until there is more word, there isn't much more one can say.
So to sum up:
I hate applying online
I despise phone interviews
I don't like real interviews
and I don't know when they don't hire on the spot or being one of nine applicants in the running!
the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment