Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter!

 This year will be the first Easter Brad and I will get to celebrate Easter together. Last year, we were living in a hotel in Anchorage, and spent Easter dinner with coworkers at our bosses home. This year, I wanted to make it special, and surprise him. He would never expect Easter baskets, so I wanted to show him how Easter was celebrated in my family! 

I spent the week gathering a few items. Some things he wanted, needed, and of course candy! Once I had everything I needed, I put it together, hid it away, to surprise him with Easter morning.



My basket, which consisted of: Scrap booking supplies, my favorite perfume, and some notebooks I need for work



Brads basket, which consisted of: Four movies he hasn't seen, a needed meat thermometer, and desperately needed kitchen scissors.

Brad was so surprised. Because we had way too much candy, that he and I would ever eat, we combined our candy and made up an Easter basket for my Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law. They were tickled pink with all the surprises! We also took them Easter lilies. Amy couldn't decide which flower she wanted, so all day, while we prepared dinner, she kept switching them back and forth. It was hilarious. For dinner, Brad and I prepared a Ham, and I made deviled eggs and potato salad. Carol put together baked beans, coleslaw, and a delicious mango/carrot cake. It was absolutely delicious, and you know whats even better - LEFTOVERS! mmMMMmm. Brad loves Ham sandwiches.

While we were visiting Mom and Amy, she actually gave us a couple things. Two wonderful cook book that I can't wait to use, and a recipe box. I was asking her if she has seen any while shopping around, or if she had any ideas where I could get one. Just so happened, she has one, not even being used, brand new! I couldn't believe it. I love it so much, it is absolutely perfect - just what I have been looking for. Got to love my mother-in-law! :)


My new recipe box
All-in-all, it was an absolutely wonderful Easter. Brad was surprised, and loved his basket. Dinner and family time is always fantastic. We both feel so blessed to have the loved ones we do in our lives. We are so grateful for the plan of salvation, and the sacrifice that Christ gave to atone for our sins. We believe with all our heart that Christ is our redeemer, our savior, and he lives. Not a day goes by that we don't thank the Lord for all the many blessings we enjoy. I have no clue where I would be without the atonement, and the gospel. (probably lost) But I am eternally grateful for all he has done for me, and my family. Happy Easter:)

No comments:

Post a Comment