Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Wichita Mountains with our Parents


The last weekend Mom and Dad were in town, we wanted to do something special with them. Brad and I thought it would be fun to take them down to Myers restaurant, and drive through Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. Myers is a restaurant out in the boonies, that serves only Texas Longhorn Burgers. They are a healthier meat. They are absolutely delicious as well. The line to get in was literally out the door, it was crazy busy. We waited about 45 minutes to even get a table! For dessert they serve the best Peach cobbler too! Mom tried their Pecan cobbler, and it was to die for as well. Brad and I were somewhat disappointed with our food this go around, I'm not sure if it was just so busy that they were rushing orders or what. We remembered the burgers being as big as the plate, that when we shared, we couldn't even finish our helping!  But the burgers were much smaller this time, so much so that I was still a little hungry after we were done eating. I think Mom and Dad enjoyed it.

Then it was time for a drive. We saw some buffalo, and some prairie dogs. I love the prairie dogs, they always make me laugh. Somehow, Mom got one to come right up to the fence. It was so adorable. The prairie dog field is my favorite part of the drive. We also found some neat picnic areas, and used the restroom in a vacant, nasty, park bathroom.

During our drive, we took Mom and Dad to the top of the highest mountain in Oklahoma. The views are amazing. Brad and I did a little exploring and went and stood on some rocks at the edge of  the mountain. I conquered a fear that day, and was so proud of myself for getting out on the rock and standing up. I am always fearful that a gust of wind will come up and blow me off the rock! But that didn't happen this time, and I survived! We snapped some family photos on top of the mountain. Mom even got Amy to stand for a photo near the edge! That is a big move - she doesn't do heights AT ALL!

Brad and I with his older sister Amy

Brad helping me conquer my fears!

Helping Amy hold her hair back, trying to get a smile out of her!

Amy and her new best friend - MOM!

Brad and his Mother:)

Mom and Dad enjoying the views of the fly-over state!

Mom and Dad with their youngest - ME!
It was such a fun day! We were all so tired by the end of the day. Because we drove the Tahoe, I sat in the very back with the tv box and some couch pillows for added comfort. After a long day sitting like that, my legs were permanently asleep, my back was sore, and my rear end hurt! But I wouldn't trade our time together and memories created for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment