I had read online that admission to the Zoo is FREE on Mondays and Wednesday November through March here in Oklahoma City. They were kicking off the Freebies the Monday before Thanksgiving. We didn't expect it to be too busy because even thought it was nice out, it was still a little chilly that morning. We arrived to the zoo, to see that it was just that - A ZOO! Parking was horrible, but luckily we found a spot at the back of the main lot. We walked through all the difference exhibits and really enjoyed watching all the larger animals. We did walk through their bird display, and snakes, and hippos and what not, but I really enjoyed the giraffs, Lions, Elephants, and zebras so much more then all the smaller exhibits. The zoo here is constantly expanding. They just received a Male lion, but his exhibit isn't quite ready. I loved the zoo, and by the time we finished our self-guided tour, we calculated that we walked just over 8 miles! That's right, it was a beautiful day, and wonderful exercise.
 |
| A monkey pondering |
 |
| Deeper in thought |
 |
| Then he get's sleepy! |
 |
| & has to lie down |
 |
| The elephants were so fun to watch |
 |
| Mamma feeding her baby |
 |
| Happy Family |
 |
| Barn Owl |
 |
| Happy Squirrel enjoying fall decor |
 |
| Female lion enjoying a bunny for lunch |
 |
| A beary long day |
 |
| They had two brown bears |
 |
| This is my favorite. Look how he is sitting! |
 |
| Look at this huge black bear napping! |
 |
| They also had two rescue Eagles. One had been hit by a semi |
 |
| On the free days, they don't do the giraffe feedings. I really want to go back when they are offering Giraffe feeding! |
 |
| the Alligators! |
 |
| I can't remember what this animal was, but I thought they were beautiful |
 |
| Zebra's are one of my favorite animals! |
 |
| Just the two of us! |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment