Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Getting ready for Christmas in Idaho


We arrived to Mom and Dad's and started to really feel the Christmas spirit. There is just something about family, "home" and your parents that really brings the holidays together. Not to mention the snow helped a little bit. Snow, to me, is so beautiful before Christmas, then after all the festivities I'm ready for it to go! But it was fun shoveling snow with Dad and Brad, and building a snowman at the top of the driveway with my Husband for Stephanie and Andrew's kids to enjoy when they arrived. I was so excited to introduce Brad to all my family traditions and chaotic fun! 

Mom and Dad already had their tree up and lit, but had no ornaments on it. One afternoon, Brad and I decorated the tree (of course mom added more ornaments!) and also put out some other decorations for mom!
I also spent about 10 hours helping mom wrap presents for the Grandkids, as well as some presents for our family game!

Mom has quite the selection of singing snowmen!

Mom cleaned off the table, and we put the giant Santa sleigh in place!

Using some fake seasonal flowers Mom had, I decided to make a floral arrangement for the stove.  The brick snowman you see is something we got from my Grandma Scoullers house. It would be such an easy and creative gift for the holiday season. I want to try and make them in the next couple years.
Once Stephanie and Andrew arrived, we were happy to have the house picked up, organized, everything wrapped, and decorated. We stayed there one more night, and then headed to Wenatchee, WA to Adam and Brandi's where the Noble family Christmas would be celebrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment