Christmas this year for my family was celebrated in Wenatchee, WA at my older brother Adam's new home. He is a teacher there in WA, and for the rest of the family, it was kind of fun to return "home", which is Wenatchee (where most of us attended high school and grew up). It was so much fun to see all the nieces and nephews together. They played, and played, and played. They are at the age where they are all best friends, and get along so well. It was so adorable to watch their interaction and conversations. I am sure blessed to have a large family, filled with love.
Christmas was on a Tuesday, and Brad and I had thought of a game to play with the family on Christmas Eve, so Brandi and Adam planned a scavenger hung for the kids to do on Sunday evening. It was about the meaning of Christmas. At the end, they found a rice krispie trail mix treat. They were so excited, especially Maggie. It gave her an opportunity to be a leader, read the clues to all her cousins, and help them figure out where the next clue might be. They went all over the house, the dining room, the bedrooms, the mailbox, the bathrooms ect. It was so cute to watch their excitment as they realized where the next clue would be.
![]() |
| Aunt Brandi braving the cold with all the kids to get the clue from the mailbox |
![]() |
| All the Christmas Cousins after the scavenger hunt! |
![]() | ||||
| Aunt Deanna with David and Hannah (Stephanie and Andrew's children) |
On Christmas Eve, the children received letters from Santa! They were so excited. They read them in one of the back bedrooms, and then all got together to come read them to Grandma! When they showed up in the living room, SANTA CAME DOWN THE CHIMNEY! They couldn't believe their eyes, he even had a sack full of gifts, for each and every child, and even their Mom's. They were nervous, but definitly excited. Each child received Christmas pj's. The boys all matched, and the girls all matched. It was adorable.The mothers (and I) received matching fleece pj bottoms. Thanks Santa, and Mrs. Clause, I sure do love love love my pj's.
![]() | ||
| Top left - Santa's arrival down the chimney . Top right - Stephanie and Santa. Bottom left - David receives gift from Santa. Bottom right - All the cousins in the matching pj's. |
After Santa came and left, we played the kids game. Basically they rolled the dice, and if they got doubles, they got to draw a prize out of the box. When all was said and done, they received some toys, electronic fans, coloring books, sticker books, and lots of fun things. They thought it was fun to draw prizes and watch them accumulate. They could care less what was inside. After they opened their presents, we reminded them Santa told them to go to bed good and early so he could come back and deliver their presents. They couldn't have been MORE excited to go to bed quickly. Only the two little girls, Hannah and Adalynn would stay up talking late at night. They are so special and have such precious little hearts. Uncle Brad kept all the children informed on Santa's whereabouts with the Santa Tracker app. All night the kids would hop up in his lap and ask him to look up where Santa was. It was so adorable watching my husband add and provide excitement to all the little ones. He thought it was special as well to watch their faces light up as they realized how close Santa was getting to Wenatchee!
After the kids went to bed, the adults played the same game. Only after all was said and done, and all the presents were handed out, we opened all our presents. Then another round was added where the timer is set, and everytime you roll doubles again, you can steal someone else's gifts. Brad and I ended up with a large spatula, handsoaps (which we gave to my sister), a book, rubber spatulas, a candle, thumb drive, scissors, earing sets, and a great whisk. It was a hoot. I think my brothers and sisters really had a lot of fun with the game, and if we ever play again, I think they will know more about what presents to bring in order to provide to the games excitement. I hope to play again! I got the game from one of my supervisors in Alaska. We loved it so much, we immediately thought it would be fun to play with my crazy, large, and competitive family.
Christmas morning was awesome. I don't have any pictures from Christmas day. Brad and I just really enjoyed watching everyone else open their gifts. Brad and I received a 4" memory foam mattress from Santa together. We each got seperate things in our stockings too. I got some earrings and Justin Beiber perfume, and Brad got an electronic tire pressure gauge, a dewalt nail punch, and a PS3/TV all-in-one remote. The kids got some awesome gifts. For instance, Hannah and David got custom basketball jersey's. Hannah wore hers over her clothes 3 days in a row. She refused to take it off, even over her pj's. So cute. David and Boyd opened their presents so quickly - before anyone else - they were sad when they were all through theirs, and all the other kids were still opening gifts. These are memories I truely cherish. I'm so grateful that my family made Christmas such a special experience. It meant so much to me to have my Husband there by my side watching all the excitement and celebrating the true meaning of Christmas. We are so blessed.
![]() |
| pretty much describes the whole week! |
We had such a beautiful time at home, and in Wenatchee that it really was hard to say goodbye and leave. I cannot believe the generosity my sister had to purchase our tickets to come home for Christmas. What I loved most about our trip home, is Uncle Brad becoming a significant part of the family. Pictured above is Uncle Brad letting the children watch as he plays his game on the iPad. Moments like these are so special. I am blessed with a loving husband. I am so grateful that all the little children love him.







No comments:
Post a Comment