Brad and I were so anxious for Christmas to arrive. We were surprised the first week in December with flight tickets home to Idaho for the Noble Family Christmas, being held this year at my brother Adam's new home in Wenatchee, WA. We were so excited to be able to spend Christmas up North, with the snow and all the nieces and nephews. Because we would be gone 12 days, we arranged for a friend to come daily to feed, water and play with Hurley. I was real concerned he would get lonely, but he would prove to fair well with us being gone.
Because we were going to be flying, we didn't want to travel with our Christmas presents. We couldn't travel with them wrapped, and we didn't want each other to know what the spouse purchased for them for Christmas. So, we decided to open our Presents the Sunday before we left for Idaho. We could hardly wait, and counted down days. Brad can't stand keeping secrets, and enjoys making me happy so it was extremely tough for him to see those presents wrapped, under the tree, for that long. But, had we stayed in Oklahoma for Christmas, he would have had to wait and stare at those presents for an extra week. My sister really did him a favor by flying him home, he got to open his gifts here early! I had no idea what Brad had gotten for me, and he had no clue what I had purchased for him on Black Friday, but we both were eager.
 |
| Hurley loved taking naps under the tree |
 |
| Our Christmas Tree and presents for one another underneath |
 |
| we call Hurley "Our Christmas Kitty" |
 |
| Because we don't have a fireplace, we watch a yule log on youtube through the TV. |
 |
| Hurley was even part of the celebration! He slept in a box by the crackling fire while we opened presents |
 |
| He liked the bows and ribbon while we opened presents. |
 |
| Brad opening his final gift! |
 |
| What is it! |
 |
| He was so excited about his new PS3 |
 |
| My Turn! |
 |
| NO WAY! |
 |
| I was so surprised! |
 |
| Brad got me an iPad mini! I was so excited! |
Brad received a PS3, a couple games, and a new wireless controller. He got me Bath and Body Works shower gels and bubble bath sets (three of them) The iPad mini, and a new green zebra cell phone cover. He always does so well with gifts. They are always something I didn't think he knew I wanted, or that he knows will make me happy but I didn't know I needed. He is so thoughtful in his gifts, and he is always just as excited as I am as I open my gifts. I couldn't have been blessed with a more thoughtful and loving husband. He is continually putting me first and providing for my wants and needs. It tore him apart that -with the honeymoon - we wouldn't be able to afford to make the trip to Idaho as well for Christmas. But was grateful my sister helped provide a way to get us up there. We are continually blessed with wonderful family, friends and adventures!
No comments:
Post a Comment