I found a wreath I really liked on Pinterest, and showed Brad, then I told him how easy it would be, so we went the store. I bought a few items, and couldn't even wait to get the project done. The original plan was that I would craft while Brad was at an interview Wednesday, but you know that didn't happen. I couldn't sit there watching bachelor, and not think about how awesome my wreath would be. While shopping, Brad and I bounced ideas off one another, how to beef up the inspiration photo. I was so excited to put it all together. So I plugged in the glue gun, and two hours later - The Finished Product.
First - we purchased our materials :
1. Ribbon for the hanger ( $1.50 clearance @ Hobby Lobby)
2. Styrofoam ring (5.99 original priced, 40% off with Hobby Lobby coupon)
3. 4 packages plastic Easter eggs ( $.99 a piece - plus additional 30% off marked price)
4. Easter Sign ( $5.99 - plus additional 30% off marked price)
5. Green garland ($2.99 - plus additional 30% off marked price)
6. A wooden dowel ($.99 - plus additional 30% off marked price)
Total spending: $ 14.83
At a craft show, this wreath easily would sell for $30-45! I couldn't believe how easy it was either!
So now onto the actual wreath making. Pictured below as the original pin I saw that inspired me to want to make an Easter wreath.
After purchasing my materials, I was ready to begin. I glued on a foot of ribbon and created a loop for my hanger.
Next I glued the green garland, starting a the top - working my way around.
Then, I enlisted my husbands help to help me drill into the back of the Easter sign. I would use a wooden dowel in the holes he drilled to push into the styrofoam ring - for added support. He drilled four holes, and cut the dowel in four pieces for me.
Together we inserted the Easter sign into the foam.
Once my glue gun was hot, I then glued the eggs closed, and onto the garland around the ring.
My finished product hanging on our front door. I added the little bunny figurine too. It came on the top of the wooden dowel we purchased. I love how it turned out, the green garland is such a cute accent especially because in the original post, when I zoomed in, I could clearly see the white foam ring, and I really didn't want to be able to see the white. We thought maybe wrapping it in ribbon would help, but weren't satisfied with what we had envisioned. Finally, Brad came up with an ingenious idea. We spent about a half hour in Hobby Lobby looking for a grass like substance to use. Then of course, as we are about to check out, we see the green garland with clovers on them for St. Patty's day. After evaluating it, I realize I can cut off all the clovers and we wouldn't even know the difference. I am very happy with how it turned out. I now can feel festive and enjoy spring-time!
Question is, do you think it looks better than my inspiration photo?
You be the judge:)






.jpeg)
Yes is looks way better than the original. I love it. Time to bring out my spring decor!
ReplyDelete