Saturday, March 17, 2012

Getting Dressed

On a busy, hectic and crazy day . . . the most important women in my life banded together to help me get ready for my very special day. I began with getting my hair done shortly after one. While curling my hair I received a phone call from my brothers, stating that one of the windows to the offices in the church building had been busted out, and they asked if I had seen it. I had not seen anything suspicious whatsoever upon my arrival as I entered from the opposite side of the damage. I finished my hair about an hour after it began, the stylist was great and very helpful in really making it perfect.

While getting my hair done, my good friend Kaynie came by to help with pre-wedding prep. It was so wonderful to have her there, she definately helped out quite of bit with last minute things, also helped me stay calm, and focused. She also helped mom out by tieing bows and ribbons on my goblets and running errands around the church from room to room. She also helped make sure I was hydrated and fed so I wouldnt get one of my terrible headaches. It was so nice to have her there as well as the bridesmaids were also tied up with putting ribbons on their flowers, making the flower girls headbands, doing their own make up and also taking photographs. My sister was even busier getting her son (the ring bearer) ready, and her daughter (the flower girl). While getting them ready, she and Andrew were also working on last minute vinyl letter projects I had requested. Busy busy day!

Around 3:30 Brad arrived with his mom and sister. I convinced his sister to come with me to get her hair curled (more about that in another post). After completing her hair, I realized the time and found that time was flying by and I really needed to get my makeup completed, so I could put on my dress.




I had requested that my Mom, Stephanie, and Kerrie help me put on my dress, and Lexxi and Nellie help me bustle it later in the evening.

Mom touching up her makeup before getting me dressed.

Curls:)

Pearl Earings


So many layers!


The final product!







Doing makeup before putting on the dress


I felt beautiful, and special, and really . . . that's what every bride wants on their wedding day . . . 

SUCCESS!

all photos from this post are compliments of photographer Lexxi Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment