Friday, August 26, 2011

Alaska State Fair

 Last night we took a Transportation department trip to the Alaska State Fair.  It was a lot of fun! Brad and I primarily spent the evening together as I avoided drama with some friends of mine. He was so sweet the entire evening, it was a really neat experience. We started out at the Lumberjack show (a favorite fair event of mine.) It was pretty entertaining. After the show, we went and ate some bacon wrapped scallops, oysters and some more fair food. It was delicious.



 Brad got a Turkey leg, that proved to be quite messy. There was no easy/clean way to eat a giant turkey leg. It's to be expected it might get a little messy. In front of him is my Clam Chowder bowl that I ordered for dinner. It was pretty good as well.

 Attempting to clean up his mess - although, it's pointless. Beards don't help anything either, it attracts the BBQ sauce.
 I took a moment to spend some time with Shrek. Who could pass by Shrek without getting a picture anyway! While walking around we enjoyed lemonade and an elephant ear! Typical fair food all evening long, which adds to the great time!
To conclude the evening we topped it off with walking around the animals, and visiting some vendor booths. We looked at dealership trucks, and toy haulers. It was such a great, beautiful evening! I fall deeper in love by the day. We topped off our fair experience with Ice cream, and a caramel apple. All I wanted before we left was that dang apple! But I realized when we only had a half hour left that's what I wanted. We ran around the fair trying to find a booth that sold caramel apples, or someone carrying one. We finally put two and two together and though, "AHA! The carnival booths!" We started to walk towards the carnival - which was also our exit - and stood in the center of the food court to look and see. I didn't see any so I got discouraged and said it's fine we needed to leave. Brad was not going to leave without making sure I got my apple, so he walked around the corner, and TADAAAA! Caramel Apples! So delicious:) We rode the coach back to the lodge and slept and cuddled the whole way home. What a wonderful experience and memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment