Thursday, May 22, 2014

Summer Wreath

 
It's May 22nd, and I just removed our Easter wreath from our front door. Better late then never I suppose! I'm sure our neighbors probably just thought we really love Easter. Which we do, but still! I just didn't have a summer/spring wreath made! I left my door décor for this time of year on the door in Oklahoma when we moved up this last fall! We thought an ornament on the door might make it continually look like someone lives there. A deterrent, if you will. So, I went to the store and grabbed some supplies to complete a wreath. I'm so excited about this one. I looked up ideas on how to make homemade flowers...Pinterest recommended felt. I noticed that the felt pieces were super cheap, so I bought a whole bunch of them.
 
 
 
 
During the process of making my felt roses. They were so simple and easy to make. I could watch a movie with my husband, and roll roses all night long:)

 
The finished product. All in all, this wreath cost me: $ 14.09
 
Foam Ring: $4.64
Burlap Pink:$2.32
Burlap Chevron:$2.32
8 Felt Strips @ $.33 a piece: $2.64
Wooden "P": $1.19
Sparkly Champagne colored paint for P:$.98
 
Total Spent : $ 14.09
 
At the craft fair, one of these would easily sell for $25-30.  I saw some wreaths at the fair for twice that much, but I think this one is super adorable for this time of year! I love crafting!
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment