This is how I awoke Sunday morning. Eggs (cooked how I like) Bacon, fresh cut strawberries, a beautiful pink rose, my favorite juice, and cottage cheese. Because my husband knows me so well, he even included the ketchup bottle. It was a wonderful surprise. I love my husband so much, he does everything he can to make me happy. He is selfless and thoughtful.
While all the other mothers were celebrating with their children, or soon to be children - I couldn't help but sit and reflect on complications we have with conceiving children. Mothers day isn't always for just "mothers of children." I feel if should be more about all Women, who care for a home, and husband. Who do everything within their power to be better individuals, and wives. I struggled with emotions all day. Not asking "why not me", or anything like that. But more wishful, faithful, and hopeful that "someday!" It's all I could do all day long to keep the tears back. I struggled all through sacrament as a talk was given about being a mother, and a woman, and how we should be celebrating all women. I balled like a baby. Then the young men got up and sang a beautiful son, and I again cried and cried and cried.
For being so emotional all day, I was so grateful to spend some much needed time with my husband. We had a wonderful relaxing afternoon, and beautifully cooked roast for dinner. I appreciate all my husband does for me. My parents got me a bouquet of flowers that are beyond gorgeous - and have definitely brightened up my dining room:)
I'm so thankful for all the love and support I've been given through this whole struggle. I also am thankful beyond measure for the strong women in my life that have been an excellent example, leader, and caregiver. Whether that be a YW's Leader, a Sister, my Mother and Mother-In-Law, or any other friend who continually blesses my life with their presence.
No comments:
Post a Comment