Thursday, April 17, 2014

The circus came to town

While at work Wednesday, I found out there was going to be a circus at the local Multi-Events facility. I text my sister to ask if she wanted to take the kids. Apparently children 13 and younger were going to be free, and adults only $15. Meaning, we could take all 5 of us for $30. Talk about cheap entertainment! Brad and I together can't go to the movies without spending at least $40, so this was perfect. We happened to score some remaining tickets in the late afternoon for a sold out show. Brad's coworker's father is a Shriner, and had some tickets still - lucky us. We got there just in time. I watched as David looked around and saw all the little kids playing with light up toys, riding elephants, painting their faces. He said - "I want to go have some fun!" With a big frown on his face, I had to explain to him that we would have much time before the show was to begin, that maybe we would try later during the show. He then looked at me with those big sad eyes and said, "then can I get one of those light up toys." I said probably not and sat in my seat. As I looked all around us I noticed that in face, every child had one of the light up toys. I looked at David's sad face again, drooping in discouragement, and got up out of my seat. I waiting in line for the light up toys, and ended up buying one for each child. I couldn't get JUST David one, Hannah and Haley would feel left out. When I came back the kids were so excited to have little swords and flashing star wands.
 
David with his sword

Happy kiddos

This little guy will always be my buddy!

Ready for the show to start!
 The show started first with a tiger performance. It was neat for the kids to see all the animals. Luckily the people behind us didn't care that the kids were standing on their seats so they could see. After all, it is for the children!


 
As the show went on, we were equally amazed with these dancers (acrobats?) This woman was hoisted into the air on a rope, and danced on a moon. It was beautiful, especially knowing the strength to accomplish such finesse and beauty.
 

Watching the acrobats



 
Even little miss Holly enjoyed the show. All the lights flashing and noises kept her entertained the hole time. This little one didn't even sleep! She was awake the entire time, happily playing! She was fun to watch as she took it all in. During intermission, Stephanie took the kids to get tickets to paint their faces. While gone, I played with Holly. She was just as happy as could be in her car seat! With so much going on, she didn't mind sitting in there one bit!

 
Once back in our seats, it was time for the show to resume!


 
We all watch in awe of the elephants, and motorcycle act.
 
After the show, it was time to get the kids faces painted. Apparently, to my surprise, my sister came across a spare ticket. A lady who was getting ready to leave asked Steph if they wanted a ticket - and she said sure. So not only did the kids get their faces paint - but Aunt Deanna as well. Why not, it's for the children:)
 
 
Hannah's Hello Kitty Face

Originally he wanted a skull, but changed it last minute to a hulk face

Hayley's was adorable, she was a precious puppy. "ruff, ruff" she'd say

All done!

My turn, the kids picked a Butterfly for Aunt Deanna

Altogether with our finished faces

David's Hulk

Me with my sparkling butterfly

Hannah's Hello Kitty
 

Hayley's Puppy!

The girl was so quick. Literally probably 30 seconds per person. We were amazed at her quick talent.

After face painting, the kids begged and to ride the elephants, but we had already spent our cash! So we said we could go and watch!

This elephant kept trying to suck up whatever was on the ground and eat it!

Painted faces in front of the elephants

 
 
It was such a fun night, and I think the kids really enjoyed the circus. But who doesn't love when...
 
 
The Circus Comes To Town!

No comments:

Post a Comment