In effort to gain my confidence back, I decided it was time for a new do! I told Brad that I had seen on a Facebook Classified site a salon that was offering cut, color, style (as many colors as you want) for only $70. That would be the cheapest I've ever paid. When my hair was all the way down my back, near my buttocks I could spend up to $180 for color. Mainly because it was so long, so they had to mix up the colors twice, and it would take twice as long! I looked through the ladies portfolio and determined I liked her work, and scheduled and appointment.
First off, when I called to make the appointment, she totally worked around my busy schedule. She was more then willing to do it in the afternoon on a Saturday since that's when I was free.
Second, when I was waiting, she came over to me and looked at the picture I printed of what I wanted it to look like, she thoroughly discussed my options and showed me samples before we decided exactly what to do.
Third, when I finally got in the chair, she didn't use the cheesy hairstylist talk. It wasn't awkward and she didn't ask a whole bunch of dumb questions that she wouldn't later remember how I answered. Her connection was in just talking! So refreshing from the normal!
Fourth, I could tell she was dedicated to her work. She had brought her two young children into the salon with her that afternoon, and got them set up with color books, stories, and toys. She ordered them pizza and they played in the lobby while she did hair - so well mannered and behaved. They even helped her rinse bowls, and sweep! Also evident in her dedication was when my appointment was finished, she had another girl walking in the door! She was working well into the night doing hair to make appointments convenient with her clients schedules...
I definitely will be going back to her! When I got home, I wasn't sure Brad would like it, but much to my surprise - I see that sparkle in his eye still when he looks at me!

No comments:
Post a Comment