Friday when Brad picked me up for work he said, "I was thinking I'll send you shopping!" That's just what every wife wants to hear. I've been in desperate need for more jeans, so I of course was elated by the suggestion. He continued that he had an evening meeting to attend too, and since we carpooled and it wouldn't be long, he figured I could go shopping while he went to his meeting. I thought of all the things I "needed." I knew that clothes shopping was my anniversary gift this year, since we were keeping it low key. It wasn't until I found out his check would be twice the amount as normal that I realized I really could get everything I needed in one shopping trip! Hard work pays off! So I dropped Brad off at his meeting, and I drove across the street to some local clothing stores.
When I arrived, instantly I noticed the sale signs - "Buy one get one half priced on all capris) Perfect! It's springtime after all. I searched around the store for awhile, piling my arms with cute tops, skirts, and jeans. Once in the dressing room, I found the perfect Easter Sunday outfit, and some really cute capris - you can't beat buy one get one half price.
![]() |
| Easter skirt (I'm short so it's longer!) |
Once out of the dressing room, I perused a few more racks, and decided that the 3 shirts, cardigan, skirt, and two capris would suffice for now. I approached the counter for check out. I normally only spend the bare minimum amount of $ on myself for clothes. I will make an excellent mother someday - when it comes to shopping for myself, I am not selfish. I look at items in the store and think, "My husband would look so good in this, or my sister would absolutely love this." So spending a little extra didn't bother me.... at first.
![]() |
| Silver capris |
I picked up Brad and told him how much I spent, and what I got for my $. He was so proud of me that I didn't just shop all the clearance racks - that I treated myself. After we got home, even though I didn't spend an absurd amount, it was still more then I usually spend at Kohls, TJMax, Ross, or Burlington, so I had a little buyers remorse. I told Brad over and over that I was going to return some of the items. He kept insisting that it's fine, that it was a gift, and I needed a little shopping therapy for myself. It makes him happy when I let down my guard and buy things for me, since I'm usually selfless during shopping trips. We agreed that Saturday morning, after showers, I would model my new outfits. If he didn't like something, I would return that, but just the ones that he didn't like.
Saturday morning we woke up, and showered in preparation for another adventurous day. Brad sat on the bed as I modeled each one of my new outfits. I'm not surprised that he liked all of them, and mentioned I wasn't allowed to return any. Of course! I should have known this before I agreed to have this little fashion show. After trying everything on though, & my husband commenting on how cute everything looked, I felt a little better about spending more than $50 on myself.
Now it's Wednesday - 6 days since the date of purchase. The forecast for today is high of 55. Being a cheerful mood, I decided to wear a pair of the capris today. I slipped them on, and noticed they were a little baggier then I remembered. So I slipped off my shirts, and put on a camisole underneath to tuck in hoping that would help hold up the pants a little as well! When I went to work, the pants kept wiggling down my hips! I probably could have slipped them off without unbuttoning or unzipping them. I didn't think I lost that much weight, but I guess it has been a few days since I tried them on and purchased that it's possible.
Lesson - don't buy new clothes, and spend good money on them, if your in the process of losing weight for medical reasons.
So now, I'm trying to rack my brain where I put the receipt. Might have to take them back in and exchange them for a size smaller! Although exciting, I'm sad these adorable capris, which were hip-hugging and showed my curves nicely, now are too big!
I started my weight loss journey at 228.6. This morning I weighed 215.4! I'm down 13lbs in just two weeks by only changing my diet. Now on to the harder part - time to kick my hinny in gear, and start some exercise. With my low-carb diet, and some exercise, I surely should have the mandatory accumulation of 20 lbs total loss in the next few weeks. The doctor wanted it lost before my 3 months checkup, where she would prescribe me some hormone pills. I will have it lost much earlier then the appointment hopefully and will be able to call her and get on them sooner then expected. Crossing fingers, and praying :)





No comments:
Post a Comment