Friday, March 14, 2014

2 years and counting

 
I cannot believe how incredibly fast time has flown by. It seems like yesterday, Brad and I were standing in front of the lattice my dad built, saying I do with all our closest family and friends watching. I remember being so nervous, with a shortness of breath. I also already had tears in my eyes when were lined up in the hallway, I was so nervous. I knew I was marrying my best friend, I knew the love I felt for him. I was nervous all the way up until I saw his smile, and tears in his eyes as well. I could see the love he felt for me as I approached him, arm-in-arm with my father. I'll never forget that precious moment. When all the worlds problems meant nothing to me. The only thing on my mind was getting closer to Brad, to making our commitment to one another. It was the day I've waited my whole life for, and the day I'll remember my whole life.




I still to this day, cannot figure out how I got so lucky. He takes such good care of me, whether I'm sick or healthy. Small gestures each and every day to reassure me of his love. He continues to make me feel special, one-of-a-kind. He still looks at me with that glimmer in his eye, one of astonishment. It makes me feel beautiful each time we make eye contact.



Each morning I ask Brad, "Do I look ok?" and every morning I see the corner of his lips pull towards his ear in a smile, and that sparkle of amazement in his eye, and I know - it doesn't matter what I look like, he'll always think I'm beautiful.





He is the most supportive gentlemen. Anytime I need, or want something, he's the first person to stand behind me. He'll chop vegetables late into the night to help me prepare for my church calling the following day. He slave over the stove for hours while everyone else visits and laughs and plays when family comes to visit. He shops till he drops to make me smile on special occasions - and random ones. He protects me from hurt, and shelters me when I need a safe place. He truly is my knight and shining armor.

He may not remember to open my car door every time we get in the car, but he does make sure ladies are first through each and every doorway, or dishing up our plates. He is an exemplary husband, son, and brother. He is a loyal friend and a great example of love and life to those around him. He's always up for a new experience, or adventure. The type a guy that knows when to laugh, and when to worry.

 
 
I was thinking the other day of all that Brad and I have been through in just the past two years. From traveling to Alaska immediately after the wedding and living in a downtown hotel with pennies to our name, to spending a month long vacation together touring Canada, and the Northwest. We spent 4 whole weeks visiting most of my family, and seeing some of the most beautiful of Gods' creations. We struggled during our journey, but thoroughly enjoyed our time together. Once home, we remodeled our condo, and prepared for our honeymoon! We then spent 20 long days at sea, traveling the Caribbean and soaking up the son. We challenged one another, me making him lay out in the sun and tan, and he making me scuba dive and gain a love and appreciation for the beauty under the sea. Reality hit when we finally arrived home, to new jobs. We would continue to struggle day and night - wanting more! We finally had many prayers answered when Brad was offered the position he holds now here in Wyoming. Life has had many ups and downs, and many adventures and memories created so far. I am so excited to continue to go thru this life, hand-in-hand with my husband, best friend, and forever partner.






I can't convey the feelings I have for Brad. Even if I tried, it would never be enough, or accurate. I try everyday to at least express my love  for him in every way I possibly can.


I love you Brad:)

No comments:

Post a Comment