Thursday, July 4, 2013

QUEEN FOR A DAY/WEEKEND

It was a magical 24th birthday. I loved every minute of my weekend spent with my husband. On Friday evening after we both got off work, we went to dinner with our two good friends Wayne and Cindy. I choose Texas Road House, and was very satisfied. They had me sit on the bull and everything! That evening we arrived home and Brad and I spent the rest of the night laying new linoleum in our kitchen. With new carpet coming soon, we wanted to get it down before they came to install! Brad is so patient and definitely quite the handy man. I even got to pick the coloration of the flooring, and it really highlights the kitchen well. Makes it look so much cleaner, newer, and much larger!

Saturday, per my choice, we spent the day theme park hopping! We started our morning at the local theme park Frontier City. This year, Brad and I purchased season passes and wanted to get our use out of them. We were very fortunate with very mild weather, and short lines. We were able to ride multiple times if we choose which made the afternoon go by so quickly.

Around 3 pm, we had rode everything multiple times and decided to head home to get our suites and head to White Water which is a Water Park. We spent the rest of our afternoon-evening enjoying water slides and tube rides. It was an absolute blast! We then went to my favorite Italian restaurant, just the two of us, Johnny Carinos. The service is always fantastic, and the food is to die for. Afterwards, Brad and I celebrated by singing happy birthday, candles, and a 5 inch cupcake we shared.

Sunday, I woke up knowing Brad had a surprise for me. All I knew was we needed to leave our house by 11 am. As we drove outside the city, I was so curious where we were going to go. He pulled of the interstate onto a somewhat industrial area. I looked as we passed by warehouses thinking, WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TAKING ME. Then, we pulled onto a residential street. Anxious I asked, "Are you taking me to someones house?"...he just started laughing! I didn't get it. We pulled back out onto the main road and pulled into a little strip mall building...On the sign, I read spa. WHAT? We walked in and they immediately asked, "Are you our queen for the day?"

Oh my word. My queen for the day package from Brad included a one hour message, a one hour facial, and a pedicure. I felt so amazing afterwards. I truly was pampered! It was the most thoughtful gift. With recent tragedies and stresses in our lives, it was just what i needed to relax and take some me time. I thought maybe my mother in law or sister in law gave Brad the idea, but he said no! He thought it up on his very own. What a wonderful Husband I have. Following that, we went to Home Depot and paid for our carpet that will be installed in the condo this next week. Things are really starting to look up. I wouldn't give up my weekend spend celebrating my birthday with my husband for anything. He made it all possible, creating the picture perfect weekend! Thank you Dearest Husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment