Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Darkest Night Sky


Last week we were on Tornado watch. When I got off work at 7pm, I called my nephew David to let him know the storms were coming! He seemed nervous and scared for his Aunt Deanna. I took a picture of the sky for family up North to see. It was 7pm, and it looked like night time, with all the street lights ion and darkness. It was the craziest thing I have ever seen! 

We didn't have any tornadoes here close by, the closest one was about an hour and a half away in Lawton, OK. It was neat to listen to the wind, thunder, lightening, hail and rain pound our area. I watched the news anxiously and nervously hoping not to hear our tornado sirens alarm. We are so fortunate to not have had to worry - this time. Norman, OK where my mother in law lives did set off their sirens for intense/dangerous winds, but no tornado touch-downs.

I know what to do if I'm home and hear the sirens, I also made sure at work that I know where to go and what to do if I hear the sirens go off. I am relieved I was scheduled to be home this particular evening, to be with my husband, as I fret over the weather. The comfort he brings me helps me keep a level head. I know when he starts to get worried, that's why I should start worrying. But that doesn't mean I don't stress and obsess over the news in the mean time for the most current and up-to-date information. I love the fact that is from here - an OKIE! He knows exactly what to anticipate and stress over, helps me be more relieved. Now, don't get me wrong, regardless of the threat of tornadoes, I still LOVE Oklahoma! Every state has their disasters, tornadoes just happen to be Oklahoma's!

Night sky - 7pm during storm


7pm every other day, sun still up, pretty blue sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment