In the mornings, Hurley is usually really sleepy and needy. He always cuddles with me on the couch early in the morning before I get ready for the day. It's part of our morning routine. He just climbs all over me, gets comfy and settles in for a long morning nap. Now, yesterday morning, he refused to get up off me...kept nestling in tight. I thought it was odd he didn't get up, play or anything! Even when prompted. I suspected him just having a lazy day.
Later that afternoon, I noticed Hurley's paws and eyes twitching, I watched him as it gradually got worse. He let out a little noise that resembled a meow, and started just shaking! So much so, he rolled off my lap on the floor, just shaking! I was so scared! I immediately got down by his side, and was trying to talk to him. I ran to the kitchen to grab the vet's post card off our fridge. When Hurley stopped shaking, he just laid his head down, and looked at me. I could tell he was not feeling well. I called the vet, who asked me about his days activities and diet. They mentioned if I brought him in, they could run some tests, but without more symptoms it would be difficult to diagnose what test to do! So they asked me to keep a close eye on Hurley, and watch his behaviors. I was told if it happened again to bring him in immediately. Lucky for me, Brad was on his way home from work. I was a little scared that Hurley was really sick. When Brad got home, he too noticed Hurley was being lazy (lethargic) and needy... Which is not normal for Hurley during that time in the afternoon. Normally he is more playful! We watched him all evening and didn't notice anymore concerning behaviors. Today, he seems to be playing more normal, and is a little more active. He is eating better (so far as I can tell) and is using the litter box routinely. All things he didn't do yesterday, I'm positive he wasn't feeling well. Brad's suggestion, He might have ate a bad bug! Hurley likes to play with any and all bugs that come in under our door - since it's springtime and warming up outside. Maybe that's the answer, but I'm not sure! Who knows! My poor kitty though! I love him so much, and would hate to see anything happen to him. It would definitely have been hard to take him into the vet and find out that something serious was wrong, I'm so grateful Brad was available to get off work at a decent hour yesterday to be with me and watch Hurley.
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment