This past week, I received job offers at two different establishments. I was really hoping for a Hobby Lobby corporate position, but didn't seem to land that one. Being up against nine other applicants is a really tough ball game. Especially when I come to find out they hired internally. Why even post the position externally if they plan to move someone from a different department. Oh well! So, I interviewed on Friday with AT&T and Home Depot. After both interviews, I walked out with job offers! When Brad arrived home from work that afternoon, we went over the pro's and con's of the two places of business, and decided that he best fit for me, and us, at this time is... HOME DEPOT! (AT&T was a call center, and I'm not sure that suits me)
In the interview, it was discussed that I would start out part time while training, and after the first couple weeks, be moved into full-time when I'm ready to work the floor. I was hired as a Sales consultant/agent. This means that I will work out of the Kitchen, Bath, and appliance department. I will have a desk to work out, and will assist customers with the kitchen, bath, and appliance needs. I learned of the opening from some friends that we met at Home Depot during our condo remodel this passed Fall. Our friends were begging me to apply, so I did, they put in a good word, and I got hired. I am really excited for this opportunity, and hope that it will work out for both Brad and I. Because Home Depot hours are much later then Brad's work schedule, there is a chance that perhaps we may overlap at times, and not see each other much. This will be a hard adjustment. But, in the long run, I am very excited! I will have an opportunity to learn new things, meet new people, and broaden my customer service and retail experience. I will start here within the next week once my background check, and drug test come back:)

No comments:
Post a Comment