St. Kitts would be our shopping and exploring day. Again deciding against a tour, we just wanted to walk around and see the locals. We were the only ship in port that day, and we knew since we weren't doing a tour, we could go walk through town, and make it back to the ship in time to get a good seat on the decks for tanning and swimming before everyone made it back and crowded it up. We got off first thing in the morning and walked through the terminal. On the other side I was amazed at the amount of guys carrying around monkeys. They would walk up to you, place it on your shoulder and ask for you camera to take a picture. We didn't call for these gimmicks. What they do is they get your camera, and charge you $5 a photo, and once you get your camera back, and have six photos, your expense is pretty high and there is nothing you can do about it. I let them put the monkey on me but I refused to give them my camera so they would take it off and walk away. I held two baby monkeys and an adult monkey, but didn't get any photos cause I didn't want to pay the price. It was a joke.
We walked around the community, and actually bought a few things. Brad bought me a beautiful hand carved vase in one of the local shops. He also purchased me a small fake coach wallet to go with my purse my mother-in-law bought me for my birthday this last summer. I have a wallet but it was too think and big to fit in the purse...so he bought me a new one, I love it. We found them more expensive at all the other ports. Need to remember, for fake designer stuff, St. Kitts is the place.
| Brad in front of the Harley shop |
| Husband in front of the Emerald Princess |
| Wife in front of the Emerald Princess |
After walking around town, it was time to get back to the ship to claim our chairs on the decks by the pool. Brad was a little tired (hadn't been sleeping well) so we got our chairs and he returned to the room to take a quick nap while I snoozed. Without phones, or means of communication, we always had to have a meeting time and place. It was a wonderful day, and I love the souvenirs we picked up in St. Kitts.
No comments:
Post a Comment