Sometimes it's easy to forget to cherish the good times. I'm so blessed to have one of the most wonderful jobs. Although sometimes it may seem unbearable, or monotonous, I know for a fact that if it weren't for this job, Brad and I would have never met. I'm grateful for all the many opportunities it has brought me, the experience it's given me, the wonderful people it's introduced me to, but mostly the excellent adventures we get to have daily while on the clock.
 |
| My manager Rick Tingstand and I getting ice cream on a McKinley Express day. It's tradition that the drivers who get held over in town after the train arrives, goes to ice cream. It's quickly become my favorite part of the week! |
 |
| The view we get to enjoy each and every day the clouds cooperate. This is a view about 2 miles before turning into our lodge. Is it not the most gorgeous mountain? |
 |
| Another McKinley Express ice cream day! |
 |
| The bears have been ever-so-present this year. We have had three black bears, and one grizzly bear on our Princess property. It's been fairly entertaining to have the wildlife so close. This shows the maintenance staff nudging the bear to continue on. |
 |
| Just another day at the Talkeetna Rail with John Bowswer, Pauline Ballew, and Jay Vanhorn |
 |
| On a hot day, the staff uses the coaches for shade. |
|
 |
| Rick picks up the drivers from the depot after parking our coaches. When we head to have ice cream we realize a giant picture frame in the van, We pushed it up and squatted under it in order to sit on the way into town. It's safe. It's Alaska. |
Like mentioned previously, it's been a wonderful summer so far. We truly are blessed with the most beautiful views, experiences and individuals.
No comments:
Post a Comment