My 23rd Birthday was absolutely wonderful! Brad made arrangements with dispatch for me to get off at a decent hour so he could host a dinner in celebration of my birth (I did Denali up and back). He invited all my friends, and did most all the preparation for my dinner party.
We Invited:
Joy Raby
Rick Tingstad
Kiara Parkinson
Kiara Parkinson
Jenni Merkley
Phillip Merkley
Phillip Merkley
Brian Lanning
Tiffany Kratzer
Miller Ross
Joyce
John Anderson
Jessie Anderson
Most everyone except Joy, Kiara and Rick were able to attend. We were able to make sure everyone was off work in time for the most part as well, which was an original concern of mine.
On the Menu:
BBQ Ribs
Corn on the Cob
Fresh Strawberry Jello
Coleslaw (made by joyce)
Mashed Potatoes
Lemonade or Dr. Pepper
It was a little bit cold outside, but being that there was a few who showed up brad set-up all our camping chairs, and even our small canopy so that we might be able to get out of the rain if it should start. The ribs took a real long time to cook, but Brad did the best he could with the grill he has! There was quite the demand for dinner once they were ready, everyone was HUNGRY! We filled our plates, ate - ate - and ate some more! Then it was time for Birthday Cupcakes. (which I prepared while talking to my mom on the phone the night prior). All I did was the jello the day before, and the cupcakes. When I got home from work, Brad had most the potatoes pealed and ready for me to boil for mashed potatoes, and that's all I really had to do:) I have the worlds best husband I think. Also, Brad made it a point to do everything he could to make my day special, which is the best gift he could give me. Right now, in our situation, it's hard for him to get anywhere to get a present without me there. He assured me (feeling horrible) that I was GOING to be GETTING a present. I asked him to please save the money and apply it towards our honeymoon cruise. We are trying to do a 3-4 week cruise therefore, I wanted him to set aside the money he would have spent for my birthday to put towards doing some tours/excursions I want to do (ex. swimming with the dolphins) It was the perfect birthday. I didn't take many pictures, but I will post a few to follow of my day!
| My Birthday Cupcakes! 20 with 23 candles |
| Strawberry Jello I made. Decor on top- credited to Brad |
| Making sure there's 23 |
| My husband is the best! |
| My wish is secret! |
| It was the most wonderful day! |
No comments:
Post a Comment