Tonight Brad and I went on the Alaska Survival Tour. It's a new tour done by some of our nature guides to help teach guests how to survive in the rugged Alaska wilderness. It was so interactive and fun! Howard taught our department how to use raw materials around us to create fire for warmth, food preparation, and seeking safety. I learned more in an hour then I ever have before about survival. It was so interesting! The guide did an excellent job keeping us entertained and informed!
 |
| Howard makes fire! |
After the presentation they played a group game. We split up into several different groups and played a form or ninja (which was basically passing a small piece of bark around and if you flinched and it wasn't tossed you were out. If you didn't flinch but it was tossed and you caught it, you go another round.) It was a lot of fun, Brad did surprisingly well!
 |
| Look at that smile! He is having so much fun:) |
 |
| His trick? Keeping his hands in his pockets until he saw the bark fly through the air. |
 |
| THEN HE WAS THE WINNER OF THE WHOLE GAME! Can't believe at how talented and competitive Brad really is! His prize was a neat survival pocket knife, which he ended up trading for a wilderness fire starter. |
 |
| Our pockets full of prizes and bug spray! |
|
|
|
The night was so much fun. They served us ice cream Sunday's with homemade fudge, ice cream, raspberries, blueberries, bananas, strawberries, and brownies. It was so delicious. Since I had worked late that evening, and hadn't even had enough time to finish cleaning my coach, Brad actually set out a change of clothes for me, got all our stuff together so I could walk in the door, change and leave right away so we could participate in the fun that the tour vendor was providing for our department. I hadn't eaten since breakfast, so luckily I got a big bowl of fruit. It was so yummy. One thing I miss about the convenience of a grocery store...Fresh fruit. Looking forward to September, to be back in Oklahoma...to get fresh goods:)
No comments:
Post a Comment