Friday, January 20, 2012

Engagements















We are so blessed with wonderful family and friends. Recently on our Pasadena Rose Bowl parade, we were introduced to a new coworker. Shelan Whitehead was one of the refreshing people you knew was just sent your way right in a time of need. I had been feeling the Oklahoma loneliness after the holidays, fretting that I don't have friends and won't make any anytime soon really started to weigh in. Luckily, this new coworker was really a breath of fresh air. She is also a realtor and a mother to a wonderful young man (17 I believe). Instantly, we clicked. I knew I had created one of "those" friendships here. One of the lasting ones. She offered to take Brad and I out to snap some engagements -since she does photography as a hobby. We couldn't pass up the offer, so we agreed. We met last week, and took some photos. But as it continued to darken outside we found it difficult to find a location that really fit with the lighting. But I think we got some really great ones. To show our appreciation we took her to our Sushi place, and talked about life. She will be an asset to my time in Oklahoma I can feel it. I sure do love Shelan and her spontaneity. I will miss her dearly when we head to Alaska. She also will be essential in our home buying process as we continue to search the market for "that perfect first home." HGTV has really filled my head with too many ideas about being a property owner. But I know that in due time, with the help of wonderful family and friends, Brad and I will certainly end up where we fit in and what we can personally afford. It's still exciting to dream:)

No comments:

Post a Comment