Then it was time to open presents. We started with the gifts from my siblings, and parents. They treated us well this year. Brad got 2 pairs of binnoculars from mom and dad, and also some DVD's. I got some kitchen utensils, more DVD's, Pajama pants (Side note-zebra print ones I had asked for from costco, so comfy!) and also a big gift. This gift we racked our brains for days about what it could be. When my parents sent it we were so thrilled - but curious as to what it could be. We opened it together, sure enough it was a kitchenaid mixer! I had just been talking to Brad about how much I wanted one a few days prior. I have seen cute designs on Pinterest to put vinyl on the front and sides of your mixer, so cute. I might have to try that. I was so excited and thrilled! They must have known that was exactly the one we wanted. We had just registered for one that was one step smaller a week prior at Bed Bath and Beyond. It was such a blessing and certainly will add some essence to our kitchen!
Then we moved on to the presents we got eachother. Which is slightly a funny story. He convinced me that he should open his first. I got him a teeshirt, a Carhartt Jacket and a BBQ grill...We had been looking at them at Bass Pro so I finally broke down and got one. It sure will be nice to be able to have some grilled food and BBQ up in Alaska this summer as we begin our adventure together in our fifth wheel. Then onto my gift. I couldn't imagine what I had asked for that would be such a large package. He really knows how to make a girl happy. Remember when I said that the smallest things that matter most come in the biggest boxes? Well here is why....
See my face of pure joy? Inside that box was....AN ENGAGEMENT RING! Yep that's right. Brad was so busy with the camera attempting to catch my reaction that he wasn't really able to get down on one knee. Of course, I said yes<3 This is how it happened.
Recently, I have found it real hard to keep my jewelry together and untangled. Because we travel so much, it's real hard to keep it all nice and neat. Brad purchased me a beautiful upright jewelery box. In the top, he placed my engagement ring. When I opened the box to look at the piece of furniture I saw the most beautiful ring placed in the top of the box. (Pictured below)
I teared up while he held me. It was the happiest moment, and one I will cherish forever. He was so thoughtful in surprising me...something I would have never ever expected.
Oh, and the jewlery box (side note- and excellent keepsake and something I can hand down to my own children with such wonderful history) is beautiful as well. He put it together right there in front of me, and then we took it upstairs and placed it in the bedroom where I could admire and used it everyday!
His other gifts he gave me were outshined by the ring and the jewlery box, but I love them just as much. It's funny I bought him a new coat to go with his uniform, something functional in Alaska, good looking, as well as decent work jacket. He also got me a nice coat for work, something function and decent . . . my first ever - NORTHFACE! It's the wrong size so we have to take it in and exchange it, but it sure does look nice! It's black! Also, he purchased me a cold cup (one of the hard ones with a hard straw) that came in a pack with a hot cup. They are green polka dots. What can I say, he speaks to my heart! I don't think anyone knows me better then my Finace. EeeeEEEeeeeK! It sounds so amazing to call myself his fiance.
So there you have it folks. There is the tale of Brad and Deanna's first ever Christmas together, as well as - The engagement story.
We have since shut of YouTube, let the antibiotics kill Brad's infection settling in his chest, and headed out to Pasadena for work this week. Should be eventful! With a beautiful ring on my finger, and the wonderful weather, this girl is happy. We also get to spend our New Year on the balcony of the most beautiful city view imaginable. Don't be envious, we always miss home:)
Here's to a wonderful future together Mister Phoenix!
No comments:
Post a Comment