Saturday, October 29, 2011

St. Louis


 My first trip out was a High School Band (Owasso Oklahoma) going to a band competition in St. Louis Missouri. It was so much fun. I actually surprised myself with the knowledge and skill I had of driving. I've always been nervous in heavy traffic and places I dont know, but it worked out okay and I didn't mind whatsoever. Following Brad helped though. We stayed at the Union Station Marriott. It was so nice!


View from the room

 When we arrived Brad and I hadn't eaten since 6 am, so we headed to Hard Rock Cafe. I was so tired and wasn't feeling good ( I thought cause I haven't ate ) but once we got to the restaurant I just felt like I was going to throw up. I ended up ordering a burger and not even touching it. So embarrassing especially because at night, Union station is so romantic - and Brad wanted to take me around, but I couldn't even stand.

 When I was feeling better in the morning, we decided since we had a couple hours we would go for a walk to experience Union Station.
 Brad also took me to feed the fish. I'm so lucky he had a quarter in his pocket!
 The simplest things in life make me so happy! There were so many fish, it was so entertaining and fun!
Isn't he adorable







St. Louis was beautiful. Once we dropped them off at competition - all the drivers were sent to a hotel room to have 8 hours off the clock so we could pick the band back up at midnight and take them back home. The plan was to drive through the night. I contracted a terrible cold due to lack of sleep, so I couldn't rest. Made the drive through the night very difficult, but we made it safely. I loved my first trip out, it was a neat experience. Next up, is a trip on my OWN. I head to Little Rock, AR with a group going to a convention. I'm nervous, but terribly excited to test my knowledge, skill and accomplishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment