Friday, April 25, 2014

Crawfish Boil

Each year, the SPE put's on a Crawfish boil for individuals to enjoy. They hold it in the Camplex, where they fill the entire building with tables and chairs. Luckily, being that I work for an oil company, my box donates each year to the fundraiser. When you donate a certain amount of money, the reward you with "complimentary" tickets. My boss told me I could have a few for Brad and I. Brad had heard there was going to be a crawfish boil, and had mentioned he wanted to check it out. When I showed him the tickets, he was so excited!
 
So today we were able to get out of work for a couple hours, to go see what all the hype was about. When we arrived, the line was literally to the door. We waited probably 45 minutes in line. It seemed to not be moving at all! It reminded me of long hot days at a theme park waiting to get on the water ride to cool off! I was so hungry when we reached the front. We both were given two plates, which they loaded with crawfish, corn, potatoes, and onions.
 
 
 
Once we found out seat, and had our first bite, we decided, "Not half bad!"
 
In fact, it was delicious. So delicious we both had to get up and get seconds. What I like about crawfish (which I had never had before) is it's quite a bit of work to get the meat out. Therefore, you spend so much time undoing your food to eat, that you get full faster. At least that's how I felt, Brad begged to differ. We annihilated four plates of crawfish - it was wonderful!
 
 
 
We just had to take a picture next to the trash pile. Who knew two people could love a food that looks so much like bugs, and enjoy it in Wyoming of all places!
 
 
 
So grateful for my boss and his thoughtfulness to invite my husband and I to attend, and make it possible for us to do so. Normally tickets would have been $20 a piece, so it was such a blessing to be able to enjoy this for "free." Sometimes, working in the office, I wouldn't normally get to participate in such fun activities, so I'm so appreciative that this time, I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment