Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The little things

It's the little things in life that brings one the most joy:) the compliment from the frail old man on my dimples, the occasional unexpected thank you/pat on the back for a job well done. The simple 'I love you more than anything' text in the middle of the day, or the child in the store who says I pretty hair. Small gestures in our everyday lives that improve our quality of life, by bringing us happiness. Oh, the things we take for granted. When we become so comfortable in our own lives we forget to recognize the small and simple blessings around us. Life!

I can't get enough of it. The blessings I enjoy daily I'm beyond grateful for! So today, I shopping in target and passed by a pink polka dot hammer that has a Phillips/flathead screwdriver that screws into the bottom. I looked at it and couldn't stop smiling. It was $1.00, I had to have it. I don't yet know what I will do with it, but it's something small like this that makes me so happy:) Here sit, admiring my cute little hammer and all I can think about is all the possibilities that hammer will bring. Like small craft projects, home projects. It's my hammer-and it's adorable. It will bring a smile to my face every time I use it. Can't wait to show brad my adorable find! 

It's the little things in life that make me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment