Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Celebration Lunch

 Brad came home early from work today, and decided it was time to celebrate my recent hiring at Home Depot. He asked what I wanted for my celebration lunch, I picked seafood. He took me down to Bricktown to a restaurant called Crabtown. The ambiance was fantastic! It had a southern creole feel to it, everything was very New Orleans & deep south. The menu was excellent, I was so excited.  I wanted shrimp, and crab legs, and well...everything! 

We started off with some Alligator. Now, I'm new to alligator, so I wasn't sure how to order it. We decided to get a half order of blackened, and half order of fried! It worked out perfectly, Brad preferred it fried, and I preferred it blackened! Win - Win! 


Blackened & Fried Alligator

Then they brought out our meal! We ordered a steam-pot boiler! It was a huge pot, full or crab legs, corn on the cob,  sausage, onions, red potatoes, and shrimp! It was phenomenal! When they brought it out, they literally dumped the whole pot onto the paper lined table top. 


Brad so excited!


The after math!

Finishing cracking my crab legs!
 It was a wonderful celebration! I couldn't be more blessed with a caring loving husband who supports me 100%. This lunch all-about-me was perfect. I'll take as much spare time of my husbands' as possible! I loved him getting off extra early to take me to a surprise celebration lunch. He makes my heart smile:)

No comments:

Post a Comment