Just a few photos Brad and I took on our travels through Alberta, British Columbia, and the Yukon headed North to the Last Frontier - Alaska. We saw lots of wildlife: Caribou, Ponies, Buffalo, Wolf, Fox, Sheep, Deer, Moose. It was a wonderful mini-honeymoon for the two of us. We didn't have cell service for four days, and it sure was a quiet drive spending time together, enjoying the beauty of the north. Now, we didn't have time to really stop and rest each night at hotels, so we camped on the side of the road. I even took a picture of the temperature one morning after waking up. Dearest Brad, kept trying to find quiet, secluded pull offs for his new bride, but really we ended up just taking what we could get. At such cold temperatures, neither of us really wanted to chance the roads in the dark. Of the 2400 miles from Idaho, I only drove 200, and it was well before we hit any kind of snow. The truck, midway through the trip began to run real ruff, so at night I would get real worried it would die on us in the middle of the Canadian mountain ranges, so I ended up waking up nearly every 2 hours to check the gauges, temperatures and make sure the truck was going to continue to keep us warm as we slept. It got so bad I even woke Brad to ask him if it sounded like the truck was going to die. He would reassure me then start snoring again! I was so worried! The truck didn't act up until we hit really cold tempuratures and got well into Canada! But we did have a good safe trip, we have since arrive to Anchorage, AK where I now have internet to post pictures from our travels.
![]() |
| Herd of Buffalo literally playing alongside the road. The baby buffalo were rolling and diving into the fresh powder. |
![]() |
| Picture through the wedding decals Andrew and Stephanie put on our car |
![]() |
| The morning report! |
![]() |
| Icy road conditions coming through the Canadian Mountain Ranges |
![]() |
| A Fuel Stop - breathtaking |
![]() |
| Look at that snowy road! |
![]() |
| Beautiful Lake just outside Destruction Bay |
![]() |
| Snow Capped Mountain tops |
![]() |
| Making the turn onto the ALCAN Highway |
![]() |
| Herd of Caribou! |










No comments:
Post a Comment