The second night was spent yet again along side the road. What we thought was a pull out was actually someones driveway, but we didn't get bothered whatsoever. It was up first thing in the morning and back on the road. Pop tarts for breakfast.
We came across some wood bison. We first so two lone buffalo along side the road, but were going too fast to stop. Brad kept assuring me that we would stumble upon a herd...as we moved further along, he began to get nervous, thinking maybe he lied. It took us nearly an hour and a half to come across more wood bison. Brad pulled over and I hopped out, crossed the road and took some photos. I was so nervous standing so close to these large animals, but secretly, they are kind of beautiful. Now I understand why my sister loves the buffalo so much.
| Mommy and baby! |
The further into Canada we got, the more gorgeous the weather got. The fall coloration was fantastic, so I took as many pictures as I could - out of my window.
For lunches we would usually stop and picnic. If it was cold we would sit in the back of the Tahoe, make sandwiches and relax for a few. Then we would get right back on the road. One interesting thing I think Brad learned about me is I do know how to "rough it". I probably peed (squatting) along our road trip 4 times a day. Diaper wipes in the car are a miracle:) But it was a fun experience to get to know each other more, and see the things we saw along out route, and face obstacles, and talk, and sing, and laugh, and play. I am so happy.
We saw lots of animals, Buffalo, Elk, Deer, Goats, Caribou, Sheep. It was a plentiful wildlife viewing drive.
| Confused Caribou |
When we were close to the Idaho border, we came into Jasper. We got stopped at a national park entrance booth. He asked if we were going through Lake Louise and Columbia Ice Fields, when we said, "yes, passing through on our way to Idaho," He had us pay $20 for a day-pass into Jasper National Park. Well...as we got passed Jasper, we soon realized the check-point to check those passes were closed, and we only needed a park pass if we planned on doing some site-seeing. But we literally drove and drove and drove! The last day was beautiful. The most anticipated part of the drive. The most scenic and beautiful part of the drive. It was 34 degrees, and we woke up that morning, cold - and ready to hit the road. It's amazing when you pull over in the dark, knowing your car is securely off the road, and you shut if down for the night. When you wake in the morning, you look out to see you on a cliff, over looking some of the most beautiful mountains and valleys you've ever seen. Brad and I considered going ahead and driving the 230 miles left to Idaho through the night. Both of us are relieved we didn't, or else we would have missed this wonderful part of our adventure together. It was BEAUTIFUL.
| One of the nicer bathroom facilities I got to use along the way. Usually it was "pop a squat" |
We finally have arrived in Idaho after 5 days of driving. We get to stay here for a few days then it's off to Oklahoma:) I'm excited, nervous, scared. But I know that with the love I have for Brad, this move is worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment